Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Zombie Drabble - Faster

Here is a bit of zombie nanofiction (100-word Flash Fiction) that I originally posted over on the Zombie Squad Forum. Enjoy!

Faster

I ran with her, I  trained her, I encouraged her, and I even slept with her when her  husband was away on business.  But, her training regime was never going  to work, she wouldn’t cut back on all her fancy iced coffees.  She blew  off aerobic workouts regularly.  She huffed and she puffed, but she paid  me.

I bet she doesn’t worry about her husband’s pretty  receptionist now.  Her protein diet and her half-assed workouts don’t  matter.  Back when we had a hundred dead people shuffling along behind  us on our run, only one thing truly mattered. I was faster.

Photo by Ed Yourdon [CC BY-SA 2.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zombie Cinquain Poem: The Quiet

No planes No trains or trucks No cars or highway roar Just the still of night, moans, screams, and gunshots! For you writers and poets out t...