Monday, April 6, 2020

Shaving and the Beard of the Apocalypse

As a writer, I am learning all the time.  This Covid-19 corona virus shelter in place order is giving us all a glimpse of life in an emergency and what the beginning stages of a zombie apocalypse might look like.  This morning I took stock of my "quarantine beard" and decided that it must go.  My wife has been bugging me about it for days.  But, when I look into my bathroom drawer of shaving supplies, I find that I am down to just one extra blade for my best beard busting razor--my venerable Gillette Mach 3 Turbo.  Now, I truly understand Rick's beard on The Walking Dead.

Rick from The Walking Dead (sporting a Zombie Apocalypse Beard) 
The struggle is real.  But, we will carry on.  Even during this corona virus pandemic panic, we will find ways to shave.  Civilization will be preserved and rebuilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zombie Cinquain Poem: The Quiet

No planes No trains or trucks No cars or highway roar Just the still of night, moans, screams, and gunshots! For you writers and poets out t...