Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Coffee Review: Black Rifle AK-47 Espresso Coffee

I was really dragging this afternoon.  I felt like a zombie instead of a writer.  There was only one thing to do.  I took a coffee break.  Fortunately, my order of a Black Rifle AK-47 Espresso Coffee arrived this afternoon.  I figured I'd try a manly man brand of coffee so I ordered a box of 12 coffee rounds (K-Cups) for our Keurig.

Packaging

My coffee rounds came in a nifty box designed to outwardly resemble an ammunition can.  While there is only so much you can do within the confines of a small box of K-cups, it did look pretty cool and makes a great addition to our pantry.


AK47 Coffee Taste

I'm not a coffee sophisticate.  We're pretty new to the world of the Keurig and the K-Cup.  But, this coffee had a good flavor and was pretty smooth.  I prefer my coffee over ice and I'd say the coffee was of medium strength and delivered a bit of afternoon pep.  It's right in there strength-wise with other medium roast coffees that I have tried.  It's not super strong like the Sumatran coffee I've tried and it doesn't have a nasty after taste like some fancy coffee shop coffees.


As a rifle the AK-47 is respected for its strength and simplicity.  It's straight forward and easy to understand.  As a coffee, Black Rifle AK47 Espresso is simple and tasty.  There's no fuss, no muss, and no exotic notes to decipher.  


Overall Black Rifle Coffee Review

Overall, I liked this coffee, the novelty of its packaging, its taste, and the manly image of the brand.  I think it is important to note that Black Rifle Coffee is veteran owned, hires veterans, and donates some of its profits to help veterans in need.  As an unabashedly conservative company, they support the Second Amendment, they Back the Blue, and they are patriotic.  I look forward to trying some of their other coffees in the future.


 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zombie Cinquain Poem: The Quiet

No planes No trains or trucks No cars or highway roar Just the still of night, moans, screams, and gunshots! For you writers and poets out t...